Purified Rat Anti-Mouse CD34
Clone RAM34 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry-frozen, Immunohistochemistry-formalin (antigen retrieval required), Immunohistochemistry-zinc-fixed (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen Recombinant Mouse CD34
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The RAM34 antibody reacts with the CD34 glycoprotein on the surface of three independently derived mouse CD34-transfected cell lines. RAM34 antibody also reacts with the mouse cell lines PA6, 416B, Swiss 3T6, NIH, 3T3, DA1, and M1, all of which are positive for expression of mouse CD34 mRNA. Cell lines shown to be negative for CD34 transcript, including WEHI-3B, EL4, 18.8, and CMT64/61, are also negative for surface expression of CD34 as determined by RAM34 staining. Normal thymocytes and splenocytes are negative for CD34 expression. In the bone marrow, 7-10% of cells are stained with RAM34 mAb, including most of the Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)+ CD90 (Thy-1)low Lineage Marker- hematopoietic stem cell-enriched subpopulation and myeloerythroid progenitors. CD34 is also expressed on a small percentage of fetal liver cells, including NK-cell progenitors. CD34 has been reported to be expressed on the endothelium of capillaries and, in this form, to function as a ligand for L-selectin. Consistent with this observation, RAM34 antibody stains endothelial cells in spleen, thymus, and postcapillary HEVs in the lymph nodes. It is reported that RAM34 antibody can be used to select CD34+ CD117 (c-Kit)+ Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)+ Lineage Marker- bone marrow-derived hematopoietic stem cells, capable of short-term multi-lineage reconstitution of lethally irradiated mice; while the CD34- CD117+ Sca-1+ Lineage Marker- population contains self-renewing hematopoietic stem cells. Similarly, the bone marrow population with high dye-efflux capacity and which is highly enriched for long-term reconstituting hematopoietic stem cells is CD34- CD117 (c-Kit)+ Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)+ Lineage Marker-.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Sodium azide is a reversible inhibitor of oxidative metabolism; therefore, antibody preparations containing this preservative agent must not be used in cell cultures nor injected into animals. Sodium azide may be removed by washing stained cells or plate-bound antibody or dialyzing soluble antibody in sodium azide-free buffer. Since endotoxin may also affect the results of functional studies, we recommend the NA/LE (No Azide/Low Endotoxin) antibody format, if available, for in vitro and in vivo use.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.