Purified Hamster Anti-Mouse CD3e
Clone 500A2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CD3; CD3 epsilon; Cd3e; CD3ε; T3e
- Concentration 62.5 µg/ml
- Isotype Syrian Hamster IgG2, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunohistochemistry-frozen (Tested During Development)
Immunohistochemistry-paraffin (Not Recommended)
- Immunogen Mouse T-cell receptor
- Entrez Gene ID 12501
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, goat serum, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 500A2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the 25-kDa ε chain of the T-cell receptor-associated CD3 complex expressed on mouse thymocytes, mature T lymphocytes, and NKT cells. Plate-bound and soluble forms of the 500A2 antibody can activate T cells in vitro. Activation of a mouse T-cell clone by the 500A2 antibody can be blocked by Fab fragments of the GK1.5 anti-CD4 antibody. This suggests that the 500A2 antibody may bind an epitope on CD3e close to a site at which CD4 associates with the T-cell receptor. The 500A2 antibody reportedly does not to crossreact with rat leukocytes.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- This antibody has been developed for the immunohistochemistry application. However, a routine immunohistochemistry test is not performed on every lot. Researchers are encouraged to titrate the reagent for optimal performance.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
Immunohistochemistry: For optimal indirect immunohistochemical staining, this antibody should be titrated (e.g suggested starting dilutions of 1:10 to 1:50) and visualized via a three step staining procedure in combination with a Biotin Mouse Anti-Hamster IgG2 antibody (Cat. No. 554029) as the secondary antibody and Streptavidin-HRP (Cat. No. 550946) together with the DAB detection system (Cat. No. 550880).
Investigators should note that this antibody is not recommended for paraffin-embedded sections.