BV421 Rat Anti-Mouse CD34
Clone RAM34 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Cd34; CD34 antigen; Hematopoietic progenitor cell antigen CD34
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Recombinant Mouse CD34
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The RAM34 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the CD34 glycoprotein on the surface of three independently derived mouse CD34-transfected cell lines. RAM34 antibody also reacts with the mouse cell lines PA6, 416B, Swiss 3T6, NIH, 3T3, DA1, and M1, all of which are positive for expression of mouse CD34 mRNA. Cell lines shown to be negative for CD34 mRNA transcript, including WEHI-3B, EL4, 18.8, and CMT64/61, are also negative for surface expression of CD34 as determined by RAM34 staining. Normal thymocytes and splenocytes are negative for CD34 expression. In the bone marrow, 7-10% of cells are stained with the RAM34 antibody, including most of the Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)+ CD90 (Thy-1)low Lineage Marker- hematopoietic stem cell-enriched subpopulation and myeloerythroid progenitors. CD34 is also expressed on a small percentage of fetal liver cells, including NK-cell progenitors. CD34 has been reported to be expressed on the endothelium of capillaries and, in this form, to function as a ligand for L-selectin. Consistent with this observation, RAM34 antibody stains endothelial cells in spleen, thymus, and postcapillary HEVs in the lymph nodes. It is reported that RAM34 antibody can be used to select CD34+ CD117 (c-Kit)+ Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)+ Lineage Marker- bone marrow-derived hematopoietic stem cells, capable of short-term multi-lineage reconstitution of lethally irradiated mice. In contrast, the CD34- CD117+ Sca-1+ Lineage Marker- population contains self-renewing hematopoietic stem cells. Similarly, the bone marrow population with high dye-efflux capacity and highly enriched for long-term reconstituting hematopoietic stem cells, is CD34- CD117 (c-Kit)+ Ly-6A/E (Sca-1)+ Lineage Marker-.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon™ BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon™ BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Brilliant Violet™ 421 is a trademark of Sirigen.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
Flow Cytometry: Investigators are highly encouraged to titrate this reagent for optimal results as individual experimental systems may vary. A starting concentration of 2 µg/mL is recommended.