Alexa Fluor® 647 Mouse Anti-SSEA-1
Clone MC480 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name 3-FAL, X-hapten, LeX antigen, CD15
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgM, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing) Human (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Bioimaging (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen Mouse Teratocarcinoma Cell Line
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MC480 monoclonal antibody reacts with Stage-Specific Embryonic Antigen-1 (SSEA-1), which is a terminal carbohydrate epitope (3-fucosyl-N-acetyllactosamine or 3-FAL) on glycoproteins and lactose series glycolipids. SSEA-1 is related to Lewis blood group antigens and is found in a variety of embryonic and adult tissues and cancers. As its name implies, the expression of SSEA-1 is stage-specific and can be used to characterize embryonic cells and monitor their differentiation. However, its expression pattern differs in the human and mouse. In the human, SSEA-1 is not found on embryonic stem (ES) cells, embryonic inner cell mass (ICM), or teratocarcinoma (embryonal carcinoma or EC) cells. As human EC and ES cells undergo differentiation, SSEA-1 expression is upregulated. In the adult, the same epitope is expressed as CD15 on granulocytes and monocytes, but not lymphocytes or dendritic cells. In the mouse, SSEA-1 is found on EC, ES, and primordial germ cells, 8-cell to blastocyst embryos, ICM, and on subpopulations of cells in the adult central nervous system, including stem cells. In contrast to the human, SSEA-1 expression is reduced as mouse EC and ES cells undergo differentiation.
Alexa Fluor® 647 conjugates are highly photostable and remain fluorescent over a broad pH range. The excitation and emission maxima are nearly identical to those of APC. However, APC tends to be brighter while Alexa Fluor® 647 is more optimal for intracellular applications. This fluorochrome exhibits uncommon photostability, making it an ideal choice for use in fluorescence microscopy. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 647 was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Alexa Fluor® 647 fluorochrome emission is collected at the same instrument settings as for allophycocyanin (APC).
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- This product is provided under an intellectual property license between Life Technologies Corporation and BD Businesses. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer the non-transferable right to use the purchased amount of the product and components of the product in research conducted by the buyer (whether the buyer is an academic or for-profit entity). The buyer cannot sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product (b) its components or (c) materials made using this product or its components to a third party or otherwise use this product or its components or materials made using this product or its components for Commercial Purposes. Commercial Purposes means any activity by a party for consideration and may include, but is not limited to: (1) use of the product or its components in manufacturing; (2) use of the product or its components to provide a service, information, or data; (3) use of the product or its components for therapeutic, diagnostic or prophylactic purposes; or (4) resale of the product or its components, whether or not such product or its components are resold for use in research. For information on purchasing a license to this product for any other use, contact Life Technologies Corporation, Cell Analysis Business Unit Business Development, 29851 Willow Creek Road, Eugene, OR 97402, USA, Tel: (541) 465-8300. Fax: (541) 335-0504.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Species cross-reactivity detected in product development may not have been confirmed on every format and/or application.
- Accutase is a registered trademark of Innovative Cell Technologies, Inc.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
Bioimaging: For more detailed information please refer to http://www.bdbiosciences.com/support/resources/protocols/ceritifed_reagents.jsp and http://www.bdbiosciences.com/support/resources/bioimaging/index.jsp