BV605 Mouse Anti-Human CD16
Clone 3G8 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name FcRIII; Fc-gamma RIII; FCG3; FCGR3; FCGRIII; FcγRIII; IGFR3
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c x DBA/2, also known as CD2F1 or CDF1 IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Baboon, Rhesus, Cynomolgus (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human polymorphonuclear leukocytes
- Workshop No. IV N409; V MR5, NK80
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 3G8 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the 50-65 kDa transmembrane form of the IgG Fc Receptor (FcγRIII), a human NK cell-associated antigen. CD16 is expressed on NK cells as well as macrophages and granulocytes. Reports indicate that CD16 plays a role in signal transduction and NK cell activation. The 3G8 antibody blocks the binding of soluble immune complexes to granulocytes. The 3G8 antibody is reported (Vossebeld et al., 1997) to increase intracellular calcium levels in human neutrophils by interacting with both FcγRIIa and FcγRIIIb molecules. This antibody has also been reported to induce homotypic neutrophil aggregation.
This clone also cross-reacts with a subset of peripheral blood lymphocytes and monocytes, but not granulocytes, of baboon and both rhesus and cynomologus macaque monkeys. Multi-color analysis reveals that the distribution on lymphocytes is similar to that found in human studies with the majority of CD16-positive lymphocytes being both CD3 and CD20 negative.
This antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon BV605 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max of 602-nm, BD Horizon BV605 can be excited by a violet laser and detected with a standard 610/20-nm filter set. BD Horizon BV605 is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 and an acceptor dye with an Em max at 605-nm. Due to the excitation of the acceptor dye by the green (532 nm) and yellow-green (561 nm) lasers, there will be significant spillover into the PE and BD Horizon PE-CF594 detectors off the green or yellow-green lasers. BD Horizon BV605 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting brightness equivalent to PE conjugates and can be used as a third color off of the violet laser.
BV605 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines BD Horizon BV421 and an acceptor dye with an Em max at 602-nm. These conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting similar brightness to equivalent PE conjugates. Due to the excitation of acceptor dye by the green (532-nm) and yellow-green (561-nm) lasers, there will be significant spillover into the PE and BD Horizon PE-CF594 detectors off the green or yellow-green lasers.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV605 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV605 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Although every effort is made to minimize the lot-to-lot variation in the efficiency of the fluorochrome energy transfer, differences in the residual emission from BD Horizon™ BV421 may be observed. Therefore, we recommend that individual compensation controls be performed for every BD Horizon™ BV605 conjugate.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- CF™ is a trademark of Biotium, Inc.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 605 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,227,187; 8,455,613; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).