Alexa Fluor® 647 Mouse anti-Sox2
Clone 245610 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name ANOP3, MCOPS3, MGC2413
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2a
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Mouse (Reactivity Confirmed in Development)
Bioimaging (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human SOX2 Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The monoclonal antibody 245610 recognizes the Sox2 transcription factor. Sox2 [SRY (sex determining region Y)-box 2] is a member of the SRY-related HMG-box (SOX) family of transcription factors. Sox2 is required for the maintenance of the undifferentiated state of pluripotent stem cells. Complexes of Sox2 with the homeobox transcription factors Oct3/4 and/or Nanog bind to the promoters of a network of genes that are involved in the maintenance of pluripotency and self renewal in stem cells. The 245610 antibody recognizes both human and mouse proteins. Sox2 is also a marker of neural stem cells during embryonic development and in the adult brain.
Alexa Fluor® 647 conjugates are highly photostable and remain fluorescent over a broad pH range. The excitation and emission maxima are nearly identical to those of APC. However, APC tends to be brighter while Alexa Fluor® 647 is more optimal for intracellular applications. This fluorochrome exhibits uncommon photostability, making it an ideal choice for use in fluorescence microscopy. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 647 was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test when following the Recommended Assay Procedure. A Test is typically ~10,000 cells cultured in a well of a 96-well imaging plate.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Triton is a trademark of the Dow Chemical Company.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
For more information, please refer to: Bioimaging: http://www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols/Bioimaging_Certified.shtml
Recommended Protocol for Bioimaging:
1. Seed the cells in appropriate culture medium at an appropriate cell density in a BD Falcon™ 96-well Imaging Plate (Cat. No. 353219), and
culture overnight to 48 hours.
2. Remove the culture medium from the wells, and wash (one to two times) with 100 µl of 1× PBS.
3. Fix the cells by adding 100 µl of fresh 3.7% Formaldehyde in PBS or BD Cytofix™ fixation buffer (Cat. No. 554655) to each well and
incubating for 10 minutes at room temperature (RT).
4. Remove the fixative from the wells, and wash the wells (one to two times) with 100 µl of 1× PBS.
5. Permeabilize the cells using either cold methanol (a), Triton™ X-100 (b), or Saponin (c):
a. Add 100 µl of -20°C 90% methanol or -20°C BD™ Phosflow Perm Buffer III (Cat. No. 558050) to each well and incubate for 5
minutes at RT.
b. Add 100 µl of 0.1% Triton™ X-100 to each well and incubate for 5 minutes at RT.
c. Add 100 µl of 1× Perm/Wash buffer (Cat. No. 554723) to each well and incubate for 15 to 30 minutes at RT. Continue to use 1×
Perm/Wash buffer for all subsequent wash and dilutions steps.
6. Remove the permeabilization buffer from the wells, and wash one to two times with 100 µl of appropriate buffer (either 1× PBS or 1×
Perm/Wash buffer, see step 5.c.).
7. Optional blocking step: Remove the wash buffers, and block the cells by adding 100 µl of blocking buffer BD Pharmingen™ Stain Buffer
(FBS) (Cat. No. 554656) or 3% FBS in appropriate dilution buffer to each well and incubating for 15 to 30 minutes at RT.
8. Dilute the antibody to its optimal working concentration in appropriate dilution buffer. Titrate purified (unconjugated) antibodies and
second-step reagents to determine the optimal concentration. If using a Bioimaging Certified antibody conjugate, dilute it 1:10.
9. Add 50 µl of diluted antibody per well and incubate for 120 minutes at RT. Incubate in the dark if using fluorescently labeled antibodies.
10. Remove the antibody, and wash the wells three times with 100 µl of wash buffer. An optional detergent wash (100 µl of 0.05% Tween in 1×
PBS) can be included prior to the regular wash steps.
11. If the antibody being used is fluorescently labeled, then move to step 12. Otherwise, if using a purified unlabeled antibody, repeat steps 8 to
10 with a fluorescently labeled second-step reagent to detect the purified antibody.
12. After the final wash, counter-stain the nuclei by adding 100 µl of a 2 µg/ml solution of Hoechst 33342 (eg, Sigma-Aldrich Cat. No. B2261)
in 1× PBS to each well at least 15 minutes before imaging.
13. View and analyze the cells on an appropriate imaging instrument. Recommended filters for the BD Pathway™ instruments are:
Instrument Excitation Emission Dichroic
BD Pathway 855 620/60 700/75 660 LP
BD Pathway 435 628/40 690/40 FF660