PE Hamster Anti-Human Bcl-2 Set
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Programmed cell death (apoptosis) is a normal physiologic process which occurs during embryonic development as well as in maintenance of tissue homeostasis. The apoptotic program is characterized by certain morphological features. These include changes in the plasma membrane such as loss of membrane asymmetry and attachment, a condensation of the cytoplasm and nucleus, and internucleosomal cleavage of DNA. In the final stages, the dying cells become fragmented into "apoptotic bodies" which are rapidly eliminated by phagocytic cells without eliciting significant inflammatory damage to surrounding cells. Members of the Bcl-2 family play a major role in regulating the cellular response to apoptotic signals. Bcl-2 is considered to be a novel proto-oncogene because it blocks apoptosis in many cell types. Bcl-2 is thought to provide selective survival advantage for cells by blocking apoptosis and thus may contribute to tumorigenesis. Bcl-2 is a 26 kDa intracellular, integral membrane protein found primarily in the nuclear envelope, endoplasmic reticulum and outer mitochondrial membrane.
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.