Purified Mouse Anti-Human CD79a
Clone HM47 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CD79a, immunoglobulin-associated alpha ; CD79A; Ig-alpha; IGA; Igα; MB-1
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Mouse (Reactivity Confirmed in Development)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human CD79a Peptide
- Workshop No. V cB017
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The HM47 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the cytoplasmic domain of CD79a. CD79a is a 47 kDa type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein present on B lymphocytes. CD79a is also referred to as mb-1, IGA and Ig-alpha (Igα). It is expressed on B cells at various stages of differentiation, from pre-B cell stage, probably before expression of cytoplasmic µ chain, to plasma cell stage, in which it is detected only in the cytoplasm. CD79a associates with CD79b to form part of the B-cell receptor complex. It has been suggested that CD79a may play a role in mediating the transport of IgM to the cell surface. This antibody has been found to crossreact with permeabilized A20 cells (mouse B cell line).
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.