PE Mouse Anti-NeuroD1
Clone R8-294 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Class A basic helix-loop-helix protein 3, bHLHa3, BETA2, NeuroD
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Mouse (Tested in Development)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human NeuroD1 Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The R8-294 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to Neurogenic differentiation factor 1 (NeuroD1). NeuroD1 is a basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factor that is also known as BHLHA3, Beta-cell E-box transactivator 2, BETA2 and NeuroD. NeuroD1 interacts with other bHLH proteins and binds the insulin E-box sequence to regulate pancreatic islet cell development. It also plays a key role in central nervous system (CNS) and sensory nervous system neuron development. Specifically, it is required for the terminal differentiation of neurons during late stages of neurogenesis in the CNS (cerebral cortex, hippocampus, and cerebellum) and the sensory nervous system (eye, inner ear, and olfactory system). During antibody development, the purified R8-294 monoclonal antibody was found to detect NeuroD1 by western blot and indirect immunofluorescent staining followed by flow cytometric analysis or imaging analysis.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- All other brands are trademarks of their respective owners.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.