PE Mouse Anti-Human CD79a
Clone HM47 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CD79a, immunoglobulin-associated alpha ; CD79A; Ig-alpha; IGA; Igα; MB-1
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Mouse (Reactivity Confirmed in Development)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human CD79a Peptide
- Workshop No. V cB017
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The HM47 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the cytoplasmic domain of CD79a. CD79a is a 47 kDa type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein present on B lymphocytes. CD79a is also referred to as mb-1, IGA and Ig-alpha (Igα). It is expressed on B cells at various stages of differentiation, from pre-B cell stage, probably before expression of cytoplasmic µ chain, to plasma cell stage, in which it is detected only in the cytoplasm. CD79a associates with CD79b to form part of the B-cell receptor complex. It has been suggested that CD79a may play a role in mediating the transport of IgM to the cell surface. This antibody has been found to crossreact with permeabilized A20 cells (mouse B cell line).
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.