BV510 Mouse Anti-Ki-67
Clone B56 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name MKI67; Antigen identified by monoclonal antibody Ki-67; KIA
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Mouse (Tested in Development) Rat, Rhesus (Reported)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Ki-67
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The B56 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the Ki-67 antigen that is expressed in the nucleus of cycling cells (G1, S, G2, M cell cycle phases). During the G0 phase, the antigen cannot be detected. During interphase of the cell cycle, it is associated with nucleolar components, and it is on the surface of the chromosomes during M phase. Ki-67 is a large protein having 2 alternatively spliced isoforms, an N-terminal forkhead-associated domain, a C-terminal domain that binds to heterochromatin proteins, and multiple phosphorylation sites, the functions of which are still unclear. Because of the strict association of Ki-67 expression with cell proliferation, anti-Ki-67 antibodies are useful for the identification, quantification, and monitoring of growing cell populations.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BV510 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 405-nm and Em Max at 510-nm, BD Horizon BV510 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon V500 (525/50-nm) filter set. BD Horizon BV510 conjugates are useful for the detection of dim markers off the violet laser.
BV510 is a polymer-based dye that is brighter than BD Horizon V500. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BD Horizon BV510 and BD Horizon V500 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV510 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV510 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Brilliant Violet™ 510 is a trademark of Sirigen.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.