Alexa Fluor® 647 Mouse anti-TIE2 (pY992)
Clone K91-860 (RUO)
- Brand BD Phosflow™
- Alternative Name TEK, VMCM, CD202b
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Mouse (Predicted)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Phosphorylated Human TIE2 Peptide
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
TIE2 (Tyrosine kinase with Immunoglobulin-like and EGF-like domains 2), also known as TEK (Tunical Endothelial Kinase), is an endothelial and hematopoietic cell-specific receptor tyrosine kinase (RTK) that is critical to the development and maintenance of the vasculature and highly conserved among vertebrate species. The angiopoietins are ligands of TIE2, and the abnormal vascular growth that often occurs in solid tumors is a result of disruptions in the coordinated actions of the angiopoietins, TIE2, and the closely related TIE1 RTK. Upon activation by angiopoietins, TIE2 autophosphorylates at least 2 tyrosines in its protein kinase domain and at least 3 tyrosines in its C-terminal tail.
The K91-860 monoclonal antibody recognizes the phosphorylated tyrosine 992 (Y992) in the protein kinase domain of activated TIE2. The orthologous phosphorylation site in mouse TIE2 is Y990.
Alexa Fluor® 647 conjugates are highly photostable and remain fluorescent over a broad pH range. The excitation and emission maxima are nearly identical to those of APC. However, APC tends to be brighter while Alexa Fluor® 647 is more optimal for intracellular applications. This fluorochrome exhibits uncommon photostability, making it an ideal choice for use in fluorescence microscopy. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 647 was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Alexa Fluor® 647 fluorochrome emission is collected at the same instrument settings as for allophycocyanin (APC).
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
Either BD Cytofix™ fixation buffer or BD™ Phosflow Fix Buffer I may be used for cell fixation.