Alexa Fluor® 647 Mouse anti-Sox2
Clone 245610 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2a
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Mouse (Reported)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human SOX2 Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The monoclonal antibody 245610 recognizes the Sox2 transcription factor. Sox2 [SRY (sex determining region Y)-box 2] is a member of the SRY-related HMG-box (SOX) family of transcription factors. Sox2 is required for the maintenance of the undifferentiated state of pluripotent stem cells. Complexes of Sox2 with the homeobox transcription factors Oct3/4 and/or Nanog bind to the promoters of a network of genes that are involved in the maintenance of pluripotency and self renewal in stem cells. The 245610 antibody recognizes both human and mouse proteins. Sox2 is also a marker of neural stem cells during embryonic development and in the adult brain.
Alexa Fluor® 647 conjugates are highly photostable and remain fluorescent over a broad pH range. The excitation and emission maxima are nearly identical to those of APC. However, APC tends to be brighter while Alexa Fluor® 647 is more optimal for intracellular applications. This fluorochrome exhibits uncommon photostability, making it an ideal choice for use in fluorescence microscopy. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 647 was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Alexa Fluor® 647 fluorochrome emission is collected at the same instrument settings as for allophycocyanin (APC).
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
Any of the three BD™ Phosflow permeabilization buffers may be used with this antibody: BD™ Phosflow Perm/Wash Buffer I (Cat. No. 557885), BD™ Phosflow Perm Buffer II (Cat. No. 558052), or BD™ Phosflow Perm Buffer III (Cat. No. 558050).