Alexa Fluor® 647 Mouse anti-Nkx6.1
Clone R11-560 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Nkx6.1, NKX6-1, NKX6A, Nkx6-1, Nkx6.1, Nkx6a
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing) Human (Tested in Development)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
Immunofluorescence, Bioimaging (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen Human Nkx6.1 Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The R11-560 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human and mouse homeobox protein Nkx6.1. The transcription factor Nkx6.1 plays a role in pancreatic islet beta cell development through the regulation of HNF1a and insulin genes. Nkx6.1 is considered to be a highly specific transcription factor marking pancreatic beta islet cells, where it is expressed in both developing and mature cells. In addition, Nkx6.1 functions as a transcriptional repressor induced by the Sonic Hedgehog (Shh) signaling pathway in fate determination of several neuronal cell types. During antibody development, the purified R11-560 monoclonal antibody was found to detect Nkx6.1 by western blot and indirect immunofluorescent staining followed by flow cytometric analysis or imaging analysis.
Alexa Fluor® 647 conjugates are highly photostable and remain fluorescent over a broad pH range. The excitation and emission maxima are nearly identical to those of APC. However, APC tends to be brighter while Alexa Fluor® 647 is more optimal for intracellular applications. This fluorochrome exhibits uncommon photostability, making it an ideal choice for use in fluorescence microscopy. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 647 was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Species cross-reactivity detected in product development may not have been confirmed on every format and/or application.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Alexa Fluor® 647 fluorochrome emission is collected at the same instrument settings as for allophycocyanin (APC).
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Accutase is a registered trademark of Innovative Cell Technologies, Inc.
- All other brands are trademarks of their respective owners.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.