Human MIP-1α Standard
- Brand BD™ Cytometric Bead Array (CBA)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
This product contains lyophilized recombinant human macrophage inflammatory protein-1α (MIP-1α). When reconstituted, this product can be used as a standard control with the BD™ CBA Human MIP-1α Flex Set (Cat. No. 558325). Please refer to the technical data sheet included with the BD™ CBA Human MIP-1α Flex Set for further information.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store the lyophilized standard at 4°C prior to reconstitution.
Lyosphere(s) from 1 vial of Human MIP-1α Standard, when reconstituted in 4.0 mL Assay Diluent, approximates the CBA activity of Human MIP-1α at a concentration of 2500 pg/mL. Following reconstitution, maintain the Human MIP-1α at 4°C and use within 12 hours. Any unused reconstituted standard must be discarded after this period (do not store or reuse).
- ProClin is a trademark of Rohm and Haas Company.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Warning: CBA lyophilized standard contains 0.02% (w/w) and Detection Reagent (Part A) contains 0.002% (w/w) of a CMIT/MIT mixture (3:1), which is a mixture of: 5-chloro-2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one [EC No 247-500-7] and 2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one [EC No 220-239-6] (3:1). Hazard statement: May cause an allergic skin reaction. Precautionary statements: Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace. Wear protective gloves/eye/face protection. Wear protective clothing. Avoid breathing mist/vapours/spray. If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water. Take off contaminated clothing and wash it before reuse. Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
The Human MIP-1α Standard has been tested to assure to function as a standard when used with the BD™ Cytometric Bead Array (CBA), such as the BD™ CBA Human MIP-1α Flex Set (Cat. No. 558325). Investigators are encouraged to refer to the technical data sheet for the BD™ CBA Human MIP-1α Flex Set (Cat. No. 558325). An abbreviated instruction has been provided below (Preparation of Human MIP-1α Standard Protocol). The Human MIP-1α Standard should be reconstituted using Assay Diluent, which is provided with the BD™ CBA Human Soluble Protein Master Buffer Kit (Cat. No. 558264 or 558265) or it may also be purchased separately (Cat. No. 560104).
Preparation of Human MIP-1α Standard: The Human MIP-1α Standard is lyophilized and should be reconstituted and serially diluted before mixing with CBA capture beads and PE detection reagents.
1. Open one vial of the lyophilized Human MIP-1α Standard. Transfer the lyosphere(s) to a polypropylene tube (BD Falcon™, Cat. No. 352097). Label the tube "Top Standard".
2. Reconstitute the standard with 4.0 mL of Assay Diluent. Allow the reconstituted standard to equilibrate for at least 15 minutes before making dilutions. Mix the reconstituted protein by pipette only. Do not vortex or mix vigorously.
3. Label additional 12 x 75 mm tubes (BD Falcon™, Cat. No. 352008) and arrange them in the following order: Top Standard, 1:2, 1:4, 1:8, 1:16, 1:32, 1:64, 1:128, and 1:256.
4. Add 500 µl of Assay Diluent to each of the dilution tubes.
5. Perform a serial dilution by transferring 500 µl from the Top Standard to the 1:2 dilution tube and mix thoroughly. Do not vortex, mix by pipet only. Continue making serial dilutions by transferring 500 µl from the 1:2 tube to the 1:4 tube and so on to the 1:256 tube and mix thoroughly. Prepare one tube containing only Assay Diluent to serve as the 0 pg/mL negative control.