Human IFN-γ Enhanced Sensitivity Flex Set
- Brand BD™ Cytometric Bead Array (CBA)
- Bead Position B8
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The BD™ CBA Human IFN-ã Enhanced Sensitivity Flex Set is a bead-based immunoassay capable of measuring human Interferon-γ (IFN-γ) in serum, plasma, and cell culture supernatant samples. The BD CBA Enhanced Sensitivity Flex Sets are capable of measuring soluble analytes present in very low concentrations. For more information on bead-based immunoassays, refer to the product insert for the BD CBA Human Enhanced Sensitivity Master Buffer Kit (Cat. No. 561521 or 561523).
Preparation and Storage
This BD CBA Enhanced Sensitivity Flex Set contains one vial each of Enhanced Sensitivity Capture Bead and Detection Reagent (Part A) and two vials of Standard. The Enhanced Sensitivity Detection Reagent (Part B) is provided in the BD CBA Human Enhanced Sensitivity Master Buffer Kit. The Enhanced Sensitivity Capture Bead and Detection Reagent (Part A) components of this flex set have been formulated to a 20x concentration to ensure product performance when multiplexed. The Standard component is lyophilized and when reconstituted according to the instructions in the BD CBA Human Enhanced Sensitivity Master Buffer kit, the top standard point for this assay is 200,000 fg/mL. Discard unused reconstituted standard, do not store or reuse. Store lyophilized standard and other components at 4°C. Protect Capture Beads and the Detection Reagent from prolonged exposure to light.
- ProClin is a trademark of Rohm and Haas Company.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Warning: CBA lyophilized standard contains 0.02% (w/w) and Detection Reagent (Part A) contains 0.002% (w/w) of a CMIT/MIT mixture (3:1), which is a mixture of: 5-chloro-2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one [EC No 247-500-7] and 2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one [EC No 220-239-6] (3:1). Hazard statement: May cause an allergic skin reaction. Precautionary statements: Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace. Wear protective gloves/eye/face protection. Wear protective clothing. Avoid breathing mist/vapours/spray. If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water. Take off contaminated clothing and wash it before reuse. Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
The BD CBA Human IFN-γ Enhanced Sensitivity Flex Set must be used in conjunction with a BD CBA Human Enhanced Sensitivity Master Buffer Kit (Cat. No. 561521, 100 tests, or 561523, 500 tests), a flow cytometer, and FCAP Array™ Software. Detailed instructions on the use of this product can be found in the manual for the BD CBA Human Enhanced Sensitivity Master Buffer Kit. When following the directions in the Master Buffer Kit, the standard range for the BD CBA Human IFN-γ Enhanced Sensitivity Flex Set will be 274 to 200,000 fg/mL. An example standard curve is shown in Figure 1.
The BD CBA Human IFN-γ Enhanced Sensitivity Flex Set should only be used in the same assay well with other BD CBA Human Enhanced Sensitivity Flex Set reagents. We do not recommend plexing Enhanced Sensitivity Flex Set assays along with assays from any other Flex Set system (soluble protein, cell signaling, etc.). For an updated assay compatibility chart for the BD CBA Human Enhanced Sensitivity Flex Sets, please refer to the BD CBA Flex Set System homepage at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/cbasetup.
Limit of Detection: The theoretical limit of detection is 14.84 fg/mL and was determined by evaluating the estimated result of the average MFI of the negative control (0 fg/mL, n=30) + 2 standard deviations.