Purified NA/LE Mouse Anti-Rat CD28
Clone JJ316 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Rat (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
(Co)-stimulation, Stimulation, Immunoprecipitation (Reported)
- Immunogen Rat Cd28-transfected BALB/c mouse A20J B lymphoma
- Storage Buffer No azide/low endotoxin: Aqueous buffered solution containing no preservative, 0.2µm sterile filtered. Endotoxin level is ≤0.01 EU/µg (≤0.001 ng/µg) of protein as determined by the LAL assay.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The JJ316 antibody reacts with CD28 on virtually all T lymphocytes bearing αβT-cell receptors (TCR), on most γδTCR-bearing T cells, and on a subset of NK cells. In the thymus, CD28 expression is developmentally regulated during the maturation of αβTCR-bearing T cells. CD28 is a costimulatory receptor required for activation of T cells; its ligands include CD80 (B7-1) and CD86 (B7-2). Soluble JJ316 enhances the proliferative responses and IL-2 production by T cells activated by anti-aß-TCR mAb R73 (Cat. no. 554910). Furthermore, at high concentrations, cross-linked JJ316 mAb stimulates resting CD4+ and CD8+T cells to proliferate, secrete IL-2, express activation markers, and gain CTL activity in the absence of signaling through the TCR. In vivo administration of mAb JJ316 results in blastogenic transformation of peripheral CD4+ cells and dramatic lymphocytosis. The alternate anti-rat CD28 mAb JJ319 (Cat. no. 554993) cannot directly activate T cells, although it has in vitro costimulatory activity.
- Format NA/LE
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
This preparation contains no preservatives, thus it should be handled under aseptic conditions.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.