Purified NA/LE Mouse Anti-Rat CD31
Clone TLD-3A12 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name PECAM-1; Pecam1; Pecam
- Concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Rat (QC Testing) Pig (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Blocking, Immunohistochemistry-frozen, Immunohistochemistry-zinc-fixed, Immunoprecipitation, ELISA (Reported)
Immunohistochemistry-formalin (antigen retrieval required) (Not Recommended)
- Immunogen Lewis Rat Microglia
- Storage Buffer No azide/low endotoxin: Aqueous buffered solution containing no preservative, 0.2µm filtered. Endotoxin level is ≤0.01 ng/µg of protein.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The TLD-3A12 antibody specifically recognizes CD31, also known as PECAM-1 (platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule). CD31 is a ~130 kDa integral membrane glycoprotein, a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily, that mediates homophilic and heterophilic cell-cell adhesion. CD31 is expressed on endothelial cells, platelets, and subsets of leucocytes. In the human and mouse, multiple alternatively spliced isoforms have been identified, and this alternative splicing may be involved in the regulation of ligand specificity. CD31-mediated endothelial cell-cell interactions are involved in angiogenesis in the mouse and rat. In addition, PECAM-1 has been demonstrated to play an important role in extravasation of leucocytes in vivo, but in vivo treatment with TLD-3A12 mAb had no discernable effect upon the inflammatory infiltrate in experimental allergic encephalomyelitis. The TLD-3A12 mAb partially blocks the proliferative response of antigen-specific CD4+ T cells to antigen-presenting cells and relevant antigen. This mouse anti-rat CD31 antibody crossreacts with pig endothelial cells and platelets, as determined by immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections and immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis, respectively. A suspension of Lewis rat microglial cells was used as the the immunogen.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
This preparation contains no preservatives, thus it should be handled under aseptic conditions.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.