PE Mouse Anti-Rat CD31
Clone TLD-3A12 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name PECAM-1; Pecam1; Pecam
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Rat (QC Testing) Pig (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Lewis Rat Microglia
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The TLD-3A12 antibody specifically recognizes CD31, also known as PECAM-1 (platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule). CD31 is a ~130 kDa integral membrane glycoprotein, a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily, that mediates homophilic and heterophilic cell-cell adhesion. CD31 is expressed on endothelial cells, platelets, and subsets of leucocytes. In the human and mouse, multiple alternatively spliced isoforms have been identified, and this alternative splicing may be involved in the regulation of ligand specificity. CD31-mediated endothelial cell-cell interactions are involved in angiogenesis in the mouse and rat. In addition, PECAM-1 has been demonstrated to play an important role in extravasation of leucocytes in vivo, but in vivo treatment with TLD-3A12 mAb had no discernable effect upon the inflammatory infiltrate in experimental allergic encephalomyelitis. The TLD-3A12 mAb partially blocks the proliferative response of antigen-specific CD4+ T cells to antigen-presenting cells and relevant antigen. This mouse anti-rat CD31 antibody crossreacts with pig endothelial cells and platelets, as determined by immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections and immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis, respectively. A suspension of Lewis rat microglial cells was used as the the immunogen.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.