APC Rat anti-Mouse CD21/CD35
Clone 7G6 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CR2/CR1
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat SD, also known as Sprague-Dawley (outbred) IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Purified Mouse CR1
- Entrez Gene ID 12902
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 7G6 antibody recognizes an epitope shared by 145-150-kDa and 190-kDa complement receptor proteins, originally designated CR2 (CD21) and CR1 (CD35), respectively. In the mouse, CD21 and CD35 are expressed on the majority of peripheral B lymphocytes, on the majority of resident peritoneal macrophages and mast cells, on peripheral blood granulocytes after treatment with N-formyl-Met-Leu-Phe, and on follicular dendritic cells, but not on thymocytes, T cells, erythrocytes, or platelets. CD21 is a ligand-binding component of the CD19/CD21/CD81 signal-transduction complex associated with the antigen receptor on B lymphocytes. CD21/CD35 also co-localizes with CD19 on the surface of peritoneal mast cells. Cr2null mice display impaired inflammatory and humoral immune responses in vivo. The 7G6 mAb has been reported to inhibit rosette formation by C3d-bearing sheep erythrocytes, to block the complement dependent trapping of immune complexes by follicular dendritic cells, and to down-regulate mouse CD21/CD35 expression upon in vivo application, thus inhibiting primary antibody responses to immunization. Co-stimulation of B-cell differentiation via Sepharose-coupled 7G6 antibody has also been observed. The 7G6 mAb recognizes an epitope on CD35 distinct from the epitope recognized by anti-mouse CD35, clone 8C12, and it does not block binding of 8C12 mAb to mouse CD35.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.