APC Hamster Anti-Mouse CD27
Clone LG.3A10 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Armenian hamster fibroblast line ARHO12 transfected with mouse Cd27 cDNA
- Entrez Gene ID 21940
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The LG.3A10 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD27, a lymphocyte-restricted member of the Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor family which binds to CD70. The CD27 molecule is a 45-kDa transmembrane glycoprotein which is constitutively expressed by lymphocytes of the T lineage: virtually all thymocytes and over 90% of peripheral T cells bearing both αβ and γδ T-cell receptors. CD27 cooperates with the pre-TCR in mediating thymocyte differentiation and expansion. In addition, one to ten percent of mature peripheral B cells express CD27, and CD27's role in the differentiation of human plasma cells has been studied. Mouse NK cells, freshly isolated and IL-2-activated, also express CD27. In the bone marrow, CD27 is found on a progenitor population which provides short-term hematopoietic reconstitution. Cells of the myeloid lineage do not express CD27. Cross-linked LG.3A10 mAb has been reported to amplify the proliferative response of purified T lymphocytes to suboptimal mitogenic stimulation1 and to enhance NK-cell proliferation and IFN-γ production. In contrast, non-cross-linked LG.3A10 mAb inhibits CD3-induced pre-T cell development by interfering with the receptor-ligand interaction. This hamster mAb to a mouse leukocyte antigen has been observed to cross-react with a similar population of rat leukocytes.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.