Purified Mouse Anti-CD40
Clone 41/CD40 (RUO)
- Brand BD Transduction Laboratories™
- Concentration 250 µg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Western blot (Routinely Tested)
Immunofluorescence (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen Human CD40 aa. 71-187
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, glycerol, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
CD40, a member of the TNF receptor family, contains a cysteine-rich N-terminal domain and a Ser/Thr-rich region preceding the transmembrane domain. On B cells, signaling through CD40 induces cell growth and differentiation, mediates cell survival within the germinal center, and upregulates the expression of costimulatory and adhesion molecules, such as B7.1, B7.2, and ICAM-1. The interaction of CD40 on B cells and CD40L on activated CD4+ T cells is essential for immune functions, such as immuoglobulin class switching. Signal transduction through CD40 pathways involves interaction with proteins such as TRAFs (TRAF2, TRAF3, TRAF5, and TRAF6); Jak 3; and Tyr phosphorylation of proteins, such as Lyn, Syk, PI-3-kinase, STAT3, and STAT5. In TRAF2-deficient mice, CD40-mediated B cell proliferation and NFκB activation are defective. Ku70 and Ku80 associate with the membrane-proximal region of CD40 in human primary B cells and the engagement of CD40 leads translocation of Ku proteins to the nucleus. Thus, CD40 interacts with a variety of signal transducers which mediate its role in B cell survival, growth, differentiation, and immunoglobulin class switching.
- Format Purified
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at -20°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
Western blot: Please refer to http://www.bdbiosciences.com/resources/cellbiology/index.jsp