PerCP-Cy™5.5 Mouse anti-Human CD123
Clone 7G3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name IL3RA; IL-3RA; IL-3Rα; IL-3R-alpha; Interleukin-3 receptor subunit alpha
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human IL-3Ra-transfected cells
- Entrez Gene ID 3563
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 7G3 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes human CD123, the 70 kDa IL-3 Receptor α (IL-3Rα) chain. CD123 associates with CD131, the 120-140 kDa Common β chain to form the IL-3 Receptor Complex. CD131 is shared with the receptors for interleukins IL-5 and GM-CSF. IL-3Rα is expressed on hematopoietic progenitors and plays an important role in hematopoietic progenitor cell growth and differentiation. It is also expressed by mast cells, macrophages and a CD5+ B cell subset. This antibody has been reported to block the binding of 125I-IL-3 to high and low affinity IL-3 receptors. In functional experiments, this antibody was found to inhibit acute myeloid leukemia cell proliferation, basophil histamine release, endothelial cell-mediated IL-8 secretion, and neutrophil transmigration. This antibody has been reported to be useful for immunoprecipitation, Western blot and immunofluorescent staining for flow cytometry. At the Fifth HLDA Workshop, the human IL-3 receptor was designated CD123.
PerCP-Cy™5.5 is a tandem conjugate that combines PerCP with a cyanine dye. PerCP-Cy5.5 is not subject to photobeaching like PerCP and can be used with stream-in-air flow cytometers. It has less Fc receptor–mediated nonspecific staining than PE-Cy5. Additionally, the PerCP-Cy5.5 tandem conjugate is not as susceptible to fixative or light instability compared to APC-Cy7 and PE-Cy7.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The antibody was conjugated with PerCP-Cy5.5 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PerCP-Cy5.5 were removed. Storage of PerCP-Cy5.5 conjugates in unoptimized diluent is not recommended and may result in loss of signal intensity.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Cy is a trademark of Amersham Biosciences Limited. This conjugated product is sold under license to the following patents: US Patent Nos. 5,486,616; 5,569,587; 5,569,766; 5,627,027.
- This product is subject to proprietary rights of Amersham Biosciences Corp. and Carnegie Mellon University and made and sold under license from Amersham Biosciences Corp. This product is licensed for sale only for research. It is not licensed for any other use. If you require a commercial license to use this product and do not have one return this material, unopened to BD Biosciences, 10975 Torreyana Rd, San Diego, CA 92121 and any money paid for the material will be refunded.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.