PE Mouse Anti-Human CD79b
Clone CB3-1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Ig-beta; IGB; B29
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen Purified CD79αβ from Ramos B Cell Line
- Workshop No. VI CD79.1
- Entrez Gene ID 974
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Immunoglobulin (Ig) antigen receptors are composed of a non-covalently-associated complex of Ig and two other proteins, Igα and Igβ, which have been designated in the Fifth International Leukocyte Workshop as CD79a and CD79b respectively. The CB3-1 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD79b, which is expressed on surface Ig (sIg)-positive lymphocytes and B-cell lines but only in the cytoplasm of sIg-negative cells including most terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase (TdT) positive early pre-B and all cytoplasmic µ positive pre-B cell lines. Antibodies to CD79b are helpful in delineating signal transduction pathways activated via antibody receptors during different stages of B-cell differentiation.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.