APC Mouse Anti-Human CD40
Clone 5C3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. V CD40.4
- Entrez Gene ID 958
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
This 5C3 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD40, a 45-48 kDa type I integral membrane glycoprotein. CD40 is expressed on B lymphocytes, but is not expressed on terminally differentiated B cells. CD40 is also expressed by endothelial cells, basal epithelial cells and some epithelial cell carcinomas, follicular dendritic cells, macrophages, fibroblasts, keratinocytes, and CD34+ hematopoietic progenitor cells. This antibody is useful for studying the roles played by CD40 in B-cell growth, proliferation, and differentiation including immunoglobulin isotype switching. Anti-CD40 antibodies have been reported to stimulate B-cell proliferation when costimulated with anti-µ, anti-CD20 antibodies or with phorbol esters. 5C3 is capable of inducing B-cell proliferation when presented with IL-4.
Clone 5C3 reacts with the human form of the 45-48 kDa type I integral membrane glycoprotein, CD40. This clone also cross-reacts with a subset of peripheral blood lymphocytes, but not monocytes nor granulocytes, of baboon and both rhesus and cynomolgus macaque monkeys. The distribution on lymphocytes is similar to that seen with normal human donor lymphocytes, with the reactivity being restricted to CD20+ lymphocytes.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Species cross-reactivity detected in product development may not have been confirmed on every format and/or application.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.