Purified Rabbit Anti-Mouse ICAD
Clone Polyclonal (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Isotype Rabbit IgG
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Western blot (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse ICAD peptide aa. 312-331
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Apoptosis is essential in maintaining normal cellular homeostasis and for animal development. Morphological as well as biochemical changes are a hallmark of apoptosis and include membrane blebbing, chromosomal condensation and DNA fragmentation. These changes are caused by a class of cysteine proteases called caspases, which, upon activation can cleave multiple cytoplasmic and nuclear substrates. Caspases, once activated by a proapoptotic signal can induce a DNase, designated DFF/CAD to cleave these nuclear substrates. In growing, non-apoptotic cells DFF/CAD is complexed with its inhibitor, ICAD. Activation of caspase-3 causes the cleavage of ICAD, releasing CAD to cleave chromosomal DNA. ICAD has a molecular weight of approximately ~45 kDa in SDS-PAGE. The antibody recognizes the full length and cleaved form (~18 kDa) of mouse ICAD. A peptide corresponding to amino acids 312 to 331 of mouse ICAD was used as immunogen.
- Format Purified
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The polyclonal antibody was purified from antiserum by negative adsorption and affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
Applications include western blot analysis (1:1000-1:4000). Mouse lung lysate is recommended as a positive control.