Purified Mouse Anti-Rb2
Clone 10/Rb2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Transduction Laboratories™
- Concentration 250 µg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG2a
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Fly (Tested in Development)
Western blot (Routinely Tested)
Immunofluorescence, Immunohistochemistry (Tested During Development)
Immunoprecipitation (Not Recommended)
- Immunogen Human Rb2 aa. 26-367
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, glycerol, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The pRb2 protein shows a high degree of identity with pRb and the related p107 protein. Both pRb and p107 bind to the adenovirus E1A, SV40 large T antigen, and papillomavirus E7 viral proteins. This binding initiates the release of transcription factors which are required for the expression of cell cycle-regulated genes. pRb, pRb2, and p107 interact with a conserved motif in these three viral proteins. In the E1A protein, this area is known as transforming domain 2, which is required for growth activation. The E1A-binding domain in pRb and p107 is a conserved motif known as the "pocket region" which consists of conserved A and B regions separated by non-conserved spacers of different sizes in pRb and p107. It is the pocket regions of pRb and p107 that associate with the E2F transcription factor. pRb2 also contains the conserved pocket region suggesting that it has functional similarities to pRb and p107.
This antibody is routinely tested by western blot analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
- Format Purified
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at -20°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.