Purified Mouse Anti-Human CD253
Clone RIK-2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human TRAIL Transfected Cell Line
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The RIK-2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD253, also known as TRAIL (TNF-Related Apoptosis-Inducing Ligand) and Apo2 ligand (APO-2L). CD253 is a member of the Tumor Necrosis Factor Superfamily and is encoded by the TNFSF10 gene. CD253 is a type II membrane protein that may be expressed as a soluble as well as full-length, cell surface-associated protein. Both surface and soluble forms of TRAIL rapidly induce apoptosis in a wide range of tumor cell lines but not normal tissue. TRAIL is expressed by activated T cells, NK cells, dendritic cells, monocytes and a variety of non-lymphoid cells. TRAIL can bind to and exert apoptosis through DR4 (TRAIL-R1) and DR5 (TRAIL-R2) receptors. It can also bind to decoy receptors, including DcR1/TRID/TRAIL-R3 and DcR2/TRUNDD/TRAIL-R4, and possibly OPG/TNFRSF11B, which may serve to regulate TRAIL activity. TRAIL has been shown to be involved in T cell-mediated cytotoxicity, but its mechanism of action remains to be fully elucidated. The RIK-2 clone was selected based on its ability to block TRAIL-mediated cytotoxic activity.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
Recommended Assay Procedure:
Immunofluorescent Staining and Flow Cytometry: Applications include flow cytometry (0.25-1.0 µg/1x10e6 cells).
Blocking: The RIK-2 antibody is useful to block TRAIL-induced apoptosis. The no azide/low endotoxin format (NA/LE), Cat. No. 550912, is recommended for in vitro blocking assays.