Purified Mouse Anti-Human Caspase-8
Clone 4-1-20 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name FLICE, MACH-1, Mch5
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Western blot (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human caspase-8 recombinant protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Caspase-8 (FLICE/MACH-1) is a 55 kDa cytosolic protein with homology to the CD95/Fas-associated signal transducer, FADD/MORT-1, as well as to other caspase (ICE/Ced-3) cysteine proteases. The N-terminal region of caspase-8 contains an amino acid sequence, termed the death domain, that facilitates caspase-8-FADD direct interaction. FADD therefore acts as an adapter molecule, allowing caspase-8 to become recruited to the cytoplasmic region of Fas following receptor activation. Viral proteins (v-FLIPS) which inhibit recruitment and activation of caspase-8 have been isolated. Caspase-8 is produced as a proenzyme (55/50 kDa doublet) which upon receptor aggregation is proteolytically cleaved into smaller subunits of 40/36 (doublet), and 23 kDa. Overexpression of caspase-8 is sufficient to induce apoptosis in certain cell lines (e.g., MCF-7) and this phenotype is blocked by overexpression of the caspase-3 protease inhibitor, CrmA. The antibody recognizes both the proform of human caspase-8 (55/50 kDa doublet) as well as the cleaved form (40/36 kDa doublet) on SDS/PAGE. Full-length recombinant human caspase-8 protein was used as immunogen.
- Format Purified
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The product contains 3 vials at 50 μg in each vial with the antibody concentration of 0.5 mg/ml.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
Applications include western blot analysis (1 - 2 µg/ml). Jurkat T cells (ATCC CRL-1573) are suggested as positive controls.
BD Biosciences Pharmingen offers several caspase-8 antibodies. A Jurkat model cell system was used to evaluate these antibodies; these results are summarized in the following table. However, actual bands observed could vary according to the cell model system or treatment used.