Purified Mouse Anti-Human Caspase-4
Clone B25-1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name TX, Ich-2
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Western blot (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Recombinant Human Caspase-4
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Caspase-4 (ICErelII, TX, ICH-2) is a 43 kDa cytosolic protein with homology to the ICE/Ced-3 family of cysteine proteases. Functional similarity with ICE proteases include the ability of Caspase-4 to induce apoptosis when overexpressed. Caspase-4 exhibits protease activity, cleaving both itself and the p30 ICE/caspase-1 proenzyme. However, unlike ICE/caspase-1, caspase-4 displays no IL-1β processing activity. Caspase-4 mRNA is expressed in most adult human tissues, suggesting a broad tissue distribution.
The B25-1 antibody recognizes an ~43 kDa band corresponding to human Caspase-4 (TX). A recombinant human Caspase-4 protein fragment corresponding to amino acids 334-377 was used as immunogen.
- Format Purified
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
Applications include western blot analysis (1-2 µg/ml). Jurkat T cells (ATCC TIB- 152) and 293 adenovirus-transformed human kidney cells (ATCC CRL-1573) are suggested as positive controls.