Purified Mouse Anti-Human Caspase-3
Clone 19/Caspase-3/CPP32 (RUO)
- Brand BD Transduction Laboratories™
- Alternative Name CPP32
- Concentration 250 µg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG2a
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Western blot (Routinely Tested)
Fluorescence microscopy, Immunoprecipitation (Tested During Development)
Immunohistochemistry (Not Recommended)
- Immunogen Human CPP32 aa. 1-219
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, glycerol, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Apoptosis, a selective process of genetically programmed cell death, occurs during normal cellular differentiation and development of multicellular organisms. Apoptotic cells are characterized by loss of cell volume, plasma membrane blebbing, nuclear condensation, chromatin aggregation, and endonucleocytic degradation of DNA into nucleosomal fragments. Caspase-3 (CPP32, Yama, apopain) is a member of the family of cysteine proteases which includes interleukin-1β converting enzyme (ICE) and C. elegans protein, Ced-3. An apoptotic signal such as granzyme B of cytotoxic T-cells (CTLs) or ICE-like proteases induces the intracellular cleavage of Caspase-3 from the inactive pro-form (32 kDa) to the active form which consists of the p20, p17, and p12 subunits. The active form of Caspase-3 cleaves several other apoptotic proteins including proteins such as DNA Fragmentation Factor (DFF). Apoptosis can be inhibited by coexpression of Bcl-2 as well as inhibitors of Caspase-3 or other members of the family of cysteine proteases. This antibody recognizes the human pro-form (inactive) of Caspase-3 at 32 kDa. In addition, it has been reported to recognize the active form of Caspase-3 at 20-21 kD in apoptotic cell lysates.
- Format Purified
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at -20°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
Western blot: Please refer to http://www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols/Western_Blotting.shtml