PE Mouse Anti-Human CD253
Clone RIK-2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name TNFSF10; TRAIL; APO-2L; TL2
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human TRAIL Transfected Cell Line
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The RIK-2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD253, also known as TRAIL (TNF-Related Apoptosis-Inducing Ligand) and Apo2 ligand (APO-2L). CD253 is a member of the Tumor Necrosis Factor Superfamily and is encoded by the TNFSF10 gene. CD253 is a type II membrane protein that may be expressed as a soluble as well as full-length, cell surface-associated protein. Both surface and soluble forms of TRAIL rapidly induce apoptosis in a wide range of tumor cell lines but not normal tissue. TRAIL is expressed by activated T cells, NK cells, dendritic cells, monocytes and a variety of non-lymphoid cells. TRAIL can bind to and exert apoptosis through DR4 (TRAIL-R1) and DR5 (TRAIL-R2) receptors. It can also bind to decoy receptors, including DcR1/TRID/TRAIL-R3 and DcR2/TRUNDD/TRAIL-R4, and possibly OPG/TNFRSF11B, which may serve to regulate TRAIL activity. TRAIL has been shown to be involved in T cell-mediated cytotoxicity, but its mechanism of action remains to be fully elucidated. The RIK-2 clone was selected based on its ability to block TRAIL-mediated cytotoxic activity.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.