APC Mouse Anti-Human CD253
Clone RIK-2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name TNFSF10; TRAIL; APO-2L; TL2
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human TRAIL Transfected Cell Line
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The RIK-2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD253, also known as TRAIL (TNF-Related Apoptosis-Inducing Ligand) and Apo2 ligand (APO-2L). CD253 is a member of the Tumor Necrosis Factor Superfamily and is encoded by the TNFSF10 gene. CD253 is a type II membrane protein that may be expressed as a soluble as well as full-length, cell surface-associated protein. Both surface and soluble forms of TRAIL rapidly induce apoptosis in a wide range of tumor cell lines but not normal tissue. TRAIL is expressed by activated T cells, NK cells, dendritic cells, monocytes and a variety of non-lymphoid cells. TRAIL can bind to and exert apoptosis through DR4 (TRAIL-R1) and DR5 (TRAIL-R2) receptors. It can also bind to decoy receptors, including DcR1/TRID/TRAIL-R3 and DcR2/TRUNDD/TRAIL-R4, and possibly OPG/TNFRSF11B, which may serve to regulate TRAIL activity. TRAIL has been shown to be involved in T cell-mediated cytotoxicity, but its mechanism of action remains to be fully elucidated. The RIK-2 clone was selected based on its ability to block TRAIL-mediated cytotoxic activity.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.