BD Vacutainer® PPT™ Plasma Preparation Tube - Paper Label
(16x100 mm / 8.5 mL)
- Tube Material Plastic
- Tube Size 16x100 mm
- Draw Volume 8.5 mL
- Closure Type BD Hemogard™
- Closure Color Pearl White
- Label Paper
- Cell Separator Yes (Gel)
- Anticoagulant K2EDTA
- Sterilization Radiation , 10-6 SAL , ISO11137-1
- Regulatory Status IVD
Regulatory Status Legend
BD Vacutainer® PPT™ is a closed system allowing separation and storage of undiluted EDTA plasma in the primary blood collection tube. It is intended for the purposes of molecular diagnostic testing.
PPT™ is an evacuated, sterile blood collection tube that contains an inert gel and spray-dried K2EDTA anticoagulant for achieving plasma separation. When the sample-filled tube is subjected to centrifugation, the gel migrates and forms a physical barrier between the plasma and most of the cellular elements. Since the tube uses spray-dried K2EDTA as opposed to liquid additives, the plasma obtained is undiluted.
- Determination of the Effect of Freezing BD Vacutainer® PPT™ Plasma in situ on Hepatitis C (HCV) Viral Loads as Measured by the Roche COBAS® TaqMan® HCV ASR.
- Determination of the Effect of Freezing BD Vacutainer® PPT™Plasma in situ on Hepatitis B (HBV) Viral Loads Using the Roche COBAS® TaqMan® HBV RUO Assay.
Preparation and Storage
Store unfilled tubes at 4-25ºC. Limited excursion temperatures up to 40ºC, for a cumulative time not to exceed 10 days, are acceptable.