PE Rat Anti-Mouse Vα 8.3 TCR
Clone B21.14 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Soluble αβ TCR from mouse cytotoxic T-cell clone CW3/1.1
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The B21.14 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes some members of the Vα 8 T-cell Receptor (TCR) subfamily of mice having the a, b, c, and d haplotypes of the Tcra gene complex (e.g., all strains tested). It recognizes an epitope in the CDR1 of Vα 8.3, but not Vα 8.2, TCR subfamily member, as does the KT50 mAb (Cat. No. 557096, for the biotinylated antibody). Site-directed mutagenesis has identified three amino acids which are necessary for antibody reactivity and which are unique to Vα 8.3 among the five functional Vα 8 TCR subfamily members. On a common H-2K[k] background and using the KT50 mAb, the frequency of Vα 8.3 TCR-bearing T lymphocytes has been demonstrated to be higher in Tcra[a/a] mice than in Tcra[a/b] mice. Furthermore, studies of congenic strains suggest that CD8+ Vα 8.3 TCR-bearing T lymphocytes undergo negative selection in mice expressing MHC class I antigens of the H-2[d] haplotype.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
For flow cytometry of cell suspensions from peripheral lymphoid tissues, it is recommended that multicolor staining be performed to distinguish T lymphocytes from non-T cells.