FITC Rat Anti-Mouse CD107b
Clone M3/84 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LEW x BN IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse C57Bl/6 peritoneal exudate cells
- Entrez Gene ID 16784
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The M3/84 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD107b which is also known as Mac-3, Lysosome-associated membrane protein 2 (LAMP-2/Lamp2/Lamp II), and Lysosomal membrane glycoprotein type B (LGP-B). CD107b is a single-pass type I transmembrane glycoprotein that constitutes a major integral membrane protein of lysosomes and may play a role in lysosomal function. CD107b is also expressed on the surface of mouse mononuclear phagocytes. Surface expression of the 92-110-kDa glycoprotein antigen increases during differentiation of monocytes to activated macrophages and may play a role in adhesion. The M3/84 mAb can detect CD107b antigen on tissue macrophages, thioglycollate-elicited peritoneal macrophages, and some myeloid cell lines, but not on lymphocytes or monocytes. In the bone marrow, very few cells display CD107b antigen on the surface, but a large proportion express cytoplasmic CD107b. The M3/84 antibody has also been reported to stain dendritic cells and endothelium in sections of thymus (both medulla and cortex), lymph nodes, spleen (white pulp), and gut-associated lymphoid tissue.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.