BB700 Rat Anti-Mouse CD4
Clone RM4-5 (also known as RM4.5) (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Cd4; CD4 antigen; L3T4; Ly-4; T-cell surface antigen T4/Leu-3
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat DA, also known as DA/HA IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Thymocytes (BALB/c)
- Entrez Gene ID 12504
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The RM4-5 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the CD4 (L3T4) differentiation antigen expressed on most thymocytes, subpopulations of mature T lymphocytes (i.e., MHC class II-restricted T cells, including most T helper cells and immunosuppressive regulatory T cells), and a subset of NK-T cells. CD4 has also been reported to be detected on pluripotent hematopoietic stem cells, bone marrow myeloid and B-lymphocyte precursors, intrathymic lymphoid precursors, and a subset of splenic dendritic cells. CD4 has been reported to be expressed on the plasma membrane of mouse egg cells and is involved in adhesion of the egg to MHC class II-bearing sperm. CD4 is an antigen coreceptor on the T-cell surface which interacts with MHC class II molecules on antigen-presenting cells. It participates in T-cell activation through its association with the T-cell receptor complex and protein tyrosine kinase lck. Purified RM4-5 mAb has been reported to block the binding of FITC-conjugated anti-mouse CD4 clones GK1.5 and H129.19, but not the RM4-4 clone.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BB700, which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Blue family of dyes. It is a polymer-based tandem dye developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 485 nm and an emission max of 693 nm, BD Horizon BB700 can be excited by the 488 nm laser and detected in a standard PerCP-Cy™5.5 set (eg, 695/40-nm filter). This dye provides a much brighter alternative to PerCP-Cy5.5 with less cross laser excitation off the 405 nm and 355 nm lasers.
BD Horizon Brilliant™ Blue 700 (BB700) is a dye that was exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as brighter alternative to PerCP-Cy5.5. This dye also has less cross laser excitation off the 405 nm laser, resulting in less spillover into the violet channels compared to PerCP-Cy5.5. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BD Horizon BB700 and PerCP-Cy5.5 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BB700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BB700 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- The manufacture, use, sale, offer for sale, or import of this product is subject to one or more patents or pending applications. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. Diagnostic uses require a separate license.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Blue 700 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,455,613 and 8,575,303.
- Cy is a trademark of GE Healthcare.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794 or 566349).
When setting up compensation, it is recommended to compare spillover values obtained from cells and BD™ CompBeads to ensure that beads will provide sufficiently accurate spillover values.
For optimal results, it is recommended to perform two washes after staining with antibodies. Cells may be prepared, stained with antibodies and washed twice with wash buffer per established protocols for immunofluorescent staining, prior to acquisition on a flow cytometer. Performing fewer than the recommended wash steps may lead to increased spread of the negative population.