Purified Mouse Anti-Human Fetal Hemoglobin
Clone 2D12 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Reacts with fetal hemoglobin (HbF), a form of hemoglobin present during fetal development. HbF resembles adult hemoglobin (HbA) in possessing two alpha chains but differs in possessing two gamma instead of two beta chains. In normal adults, synthesis of HbF does persist at very low levels (<1% of total Hb) and is restricted to a small population of erythrocytes called F cells. Hemoglobin F-expressing erythrocytes are normally seen during pregnancy. An increase in the expression of fetal hemoglobin in adult peripheral red blood cells is a common feature in the genetic disorders of hemoglobin, sickle-cell disease (SCD) and beta thalassemia.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at 4°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
We recommend to use 0.05% cold glutaraldehyde at room temperature for 10 minutes to fix the cells, then use 0.1% Triton X-100 at room temperature for 10 minutes to permeabilize the cells.