APC Mouse IgG1 κ Isotype Control
Clone MOPC-21 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
Isotype control, Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MOPC-21 immunoglobulin is a mouse myeloma protein. The MOPC-21 immunoglobulin was selected as an isotype control following screening for low background on a variety of mouse and human tissues.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- This APC-conjugated reagent can be used in any flow cytometer equipped with a dye, HeNe, or red diode laser.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
Immunofluorescent Staining and Flow Cytometric Analysis: The APC-MOPC-21 immunoglobulin (Cat. No. 554681) is a suitable mouse IgG1 isotype control for assessing the level of background staining on paraformaldehyde fixed/saponin-permeabilized mouse or human cells for flow cytometric analysis. Use at comparable concentrations to antibody of interest (e.g., ≤ 0.5 µg mAb/1 million cells) (see figure). For specific methodology, visit the protocols section of our website, or refer to the Immune Function Handbook, which is posted on our web site at www.bdbiosciences.com