PerCP-Cy™5.5 Mouse IgG2b, κ Isotype Control
Clone 27-35 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Anti-Dansyl; Isotype control (anti-Dansyl)
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse C.SW IgG2b, κ
Isotype control, Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The mouse IgG2b, κ immunoglobulin isotype control monoclonal antibody 27-35 is specific for the hapten dansyl (5-[dimethylamino] naphthalene-1-sulfonyl). This hapten is not expressed on human cells or human cell lines. The 27-35 immunoglobulin was selected as an isotype control following testing which demonstrated low background staining on a variety of mouse and human tissues.
PerCP-Cy™5.5 is a tandem conjugate that combines PerCP with a cyanine dye. PerCP-Cy5.5 is not subject to photobeaching like PerCP and can be used with stream-in-air flow cytometers. It has less Fc receptor–mediated nonspecific staining than PE-Cy5. Additionally, the PerCP-Cy5.5 tandem conjugate is not as susceptible to fixative or light instability compared to APC-Cy7 and PE-Cy7.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with PerCP-Cy5.5 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PerCP-Cy5.5 were removed. Storage of PerCP-Cy5.5 conjugates in unoptimized diluent is not recommended and may result in loss of signal intensity.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- PerCP-Cy5.5–labelled antibodies can be used with FITC- and R-PE–labelled reagents in single-laser flow cytometers with no significant spectral overlap of PerCP-Cy5.5, FITC, and R-PE fluorescence.
- PerCP-Cy5.5 is optimized for use with a single argon ion laser emitting 488-nm light. Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using dual-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PerCP and Cy5.5™. We recommend the use of cross-beam compensation during data acquisition or software compensation during data analysis.
- Cy is a trademark of GE Healthcare.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.