PerCP-Cy™5.5 Mouse Anti-Human CD11c
Clone B-ly6 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name ITGAX; AlphaX integrin chain; Axb2; Integrin alpha-X; CR4; Leu M5; SLEB6
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Spleen Cells from Human with Hairy Cell Leukemia
- Workshop No. IV N012
- Entrez Gene ID 3687
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The B-ly6 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the 150 kDa adhesion glycoprotein CD11c (p150, integrin α chain). CD11c is expressed on dendritic cells, monocytes, macrophages, granulocytes, NK cells and subsets of B and T cells. It associates with CD18 to form the CD11c/CD18 complex that binds fibrinogen and has been reported to be a receptor for iC3b and ICAM-1. Reports indicate that CD11c/CD18 plays a role as an adhesion molecule that mediates cellular binding to ligands expressed on stimulated epithelium and endothelium.
PerCP-Cy™5.5 is a tandem conjugate that combines PerCP with a cyanine dye. PerCP-Cy5.5 is not subject to photobeaching like PerCP and can be used with stream-in-air flow cytometers. It has less Fc receptor–mediated nonspecific staining than PE-Cy5. Additionally, the PerCP-Cy5.5 tandem conjugate is not as susceptible to fixative or light instability compared to APC-Cy7 and PE-Cy7.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with PerCP-Cy5.5 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PerCP-Cy5.5 were removed. Storage of PerCP-Cy5.5 conjugates in unoptimized diluent is not recommended and may result in loss of signal intensity.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- PerCP-Cy5.5–labelled antibodies can be used with FITC- and R-PE–labelled reagents in single-laser flow cytometers with no significant spectral overlap of PerCP-Cy5.5, FITC, and R-PE fluorescence.
- PerCP-Cy5.5 is optimized for use with a single argon ion laser emitting 488-nm light. Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using dual-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PerCP and Cy5.5™. We recommend the use of cross-beam compensation during data acquisition or software compensation during data analysis.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Cy is a trademark of GE Healthcare.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.