PE Mouse IgG2a, κ Isotype Control
Clone MOPC-173 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2a, κ
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry), Isotype control (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen None
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MOPC-173 antibody has unknown specificity. The transplantable plasmacytoma MOPC-173 was induced by intraperitoneal injection of mineral oils into BALB/c mice. In the absence of antigen-specific binding, this immunoglobulin may bind non-specifically to Fc receptors.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.