FITC Mouse Anti-Human Invariant NK T Cell
Clone 6B11 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse C57BL/6 IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Peptide from CDR3 loop of the invariant TCR V24 sequence
- Entrez Gene ID 6955
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Monoclonal antibody 6B11 reacts with a unique determinant in the CDR3 region of the invariant (Vα24-JαQ) TCR chain. Thus 6B11 identifies a subset of all Vα24 positive T cells. The binding of the PE-conjugate of 6B11 can be partially blocked by other antibodies specific for Vα24 (BD Biosciences Pharmingen, data not shown). This invariant chain is expressed on invariant NK T cells, which are a small subset of T lymphocytes that also express other NK cell molecules such as CD161. Invariant NK T cells have been reported to play an immunoregulatory role. The Vα24-JαQ interacts with the CD1d protein. Invariant NK T cells can be specifically activated by CD1d-presented antigen resulting in rapid production of IL-4 and IFN (also known as IFN-γ). Studies of NK T cells describe their role in anti-tumor immunity and autoimmunity.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.