FITC Mouse Anti-Human CD8
Clone G42-8 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CD8α; CD8A; CD8 alpha; Leu2; MAL; T8; p32
- Concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Entrez Gene ID 925
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The G42-8 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes the alpha subunit (32 kDa) of CD8αα homodimer or CD8αβ heterodimer. The CD8 molecule binds to HLA class I molecules during interaction of CD8+ T cells with antigen-presenting cells or target cells. CD8 is expressed on T cytotoxic/suppressor cell populations. G42-8 stains approximately 13-48% of peripheral blood lymphocytes and 80% of thymocytes, as well as a subset of NK cells. This antibody is useful in detecting CD8+ T cells when using DimerX I reagents.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.