BB515 Mouse Anti-Human CD102
Clone CBR-IC2/2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name ICAM2; ICAM-2; Intercellular adhesion molecule 2
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human ICAM-2 Transfected Cell Line
- Workshop No. V S086
- Entrez Gene ID 3384
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The CBR-IC2/2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD102 which is also known as, intercellular adhesion molecule-2 (ICAM-2/ICAM2). CD102 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein, member of the immunoglobulin supergene family, with an approximate molecular weight of 55-65 kDa. Its extracellular domain consists of two C2-type immunoglobulin-like subunits. The transmembrane region is 26 residues in size and the intracellular region also has 26 residues. CD102 is expressed on vascular endothelial cells, lymphocytes, monocytes, eosinophils, and platelets, but not on resting neutrophils. It is a ligand for the leukocyte integrin CD11a/CD18, or leukocyte function-associated antigen-1 (LFA-1), and there are reports of CD102 binding to leukocyte integrin CD11b/CD18 (Mac-1). Antibody CBR-IC2/2 blocks the binding of CD102 to leukocyte integrin CD11a/CD18. CD102 plays an important role in lymphocyte recirculation and in providing costimulatory signals in the immune response.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BB515 which was developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 490 nm and an emission max of 515 nm, BD Horizon BB515 can be excited by the 488 nm laser and detected in a standard FITC set (eg, 530/30-nm filter). This dye provides a much brighter alternative to FITC with less spillover into the PE detector.
BB515 is a dye that was exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to FITC. This dye is up to seven times brighter than FITC and has less spillover into the PE channel. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BB515, FITC, and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BB515 under optimum conditions and unconjugated antibody was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
For optimal results, it is recommended to perform 2 washes after staining with antibodies. Cells may be prepared, stained with antibodies and washed twice with wash buffer per established protocols for immunofluorescence staining, prior to acquisition on a flow cytometer. Performing fewer than the recommended wash steps may lead to increased spread of the negative population.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794/566349).