BV786 Mouse IgG1, k Isotype Control
Clone X40 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name IgG1, kappa Isotype Control (Anti-KLH)
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
Flow cytometry, Isotype control (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH)
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The X40 hybridoma was derived from the fusion of mouse Sp2/0-Ag 14 myeloma cells with spleen cells from BALB/c mice immunized with keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH). The hybridoma secretes monoclonal antibody that binds specifically to KLH, an antigen not expressed on human cells or human cell lines.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV786 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon™ BV421 with an Ex Max of 405-nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 786-nm. BD Horizon™ BV786 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in a filter used to detect Cy™7-like dyes (eg, 780/60-nm filter).
BV786 is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 and an acceptor dye with an emission maximum at 786 nm. BV786 offers a bright choice for the 6th detector off the violet laser.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to the dye under optimum conditions and unconjugated antibody and free dye were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 786 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,227,187; 8,455,613; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Cy is a trademark of Global Life Sciences Solutions Germany GmbH or an affiliate doing business as Cytiva.
BD® CompBeads can be used as surrogates to assess fluorescence spillover (Compensation). When fluorochrome conjugated antibodies are bound to BD® CompBeads, they have spectral properties very similar to cells. However, for some fluorochromes there can be small differences in spectral emissions compared to cells, resulting in spillover values that differ when compared to biological controls. It is strongly recommended that when using a reagent for the first time, users compare the spillover on cells and BD® CompBeads to ensure that BD® CompBeads are appropriate for your specific cellular application.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant™ Stain Buffer should be used anytime BD Horizon Brilliant™ dyes are used in a multicolor flow cytometry panel. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant™ Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. When BD Horizon Brilliant™ Stain Buffer is used in in the multicolor panel, it should also be used in the corresponding compensation controls for all dyes to achieve the most accurate compensation. For the most accurate compensation, compensation controls created with either cells or beads should be exposed to BD Horizon Brilliant™ Stain Buffer for the same length of time as the corresponding multicolor panel. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794/566349) or the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Stain Buffer Plus (Cat. No. 566385).