FITC Mouse Anti-EGF Receptor
Clone 13/EGFR (RUO)
- Brand BD Transduction Laboratories™
- Concentration 250 µg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Mouse (Tested in Development)
Immunofluorescence (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human EGF Receptor aa. 1020-1046
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, glycerol, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF) elicits a variety of cellular responses that are initiated by EGF receptor (EGF-R) binding and activation of intrinsic tyrosine kinase activity. Following ligand binding, EGF receptor is autophosphorylated and, in turn, phosphorylates several other endogenous proteins including phospholipase Cγ. These events initiate a number of intracellular responses that include increased levels of intracellular Ca2+ and transient expression of the nuclear oncogene products c-Myc and c-Fos.
This antibody is routinely tested by immunofluorescence. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at -20°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.