Pacific Blue™ Rat Anti-Mouse CD4
Clone RM4-5 (also known as RM4.5) (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Cd4; CD4 antigen; L3T4; Ly-4; T-cell surface antigen T4/Leu-3
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat DA, also known as DA/HA IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Thymocytes (BALB/c)
- Entrez Gene ID 12504
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The RM4-5 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the CD4 (L3T4) differentiation antigen expressed on most thymocytes, subpopulations of mature T lymphocytes (i.e., MHC class II-restricted T cells, including most T helper cells and immunosuppressive regulatory T cells), and a subset of NK-T cells. CD4 has also been reported to be detected on pluripotent hematopoietic stem cells, bone marrow myeloid and B-lymphocyte precursors, intrathymic lymphoid precursors, and a subset of splenic dendritic cells. CD4 has been reported to be expressed on the plasma membrane of mouse egg cells and is involved in adhesion of the egg to MHC class II-bearing sperm. CD4 is an antigen coreceptor on the T-cell surface which interacts with MHC class II molecules on antigen-presenting cells. It participates in T-cell activation through its association with the T-cell receptor complex and protein tyrosine kinase lck. Purified RM4-5 mAb has been reported to block the binding of FITC-conjugated anti-mouse CD4 clones GK1.5 and H129.19, but not the RM4-4 clone.
Pacific Blue™ is based on the 6,8-difluoro-7-hydroxycoumarin fluorophore, and is strongly fluorescent, even at neutral pH. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody is conjugated to Pacific Blue™ under optimum conditions, and unreacted Pacific Blue™ was removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Pacific Blue™ has a maximum absorption of 416 nm and maximum emission of 451 nm. Before staining with this reagent, please confirm that your flow cytometer is capable of exciting the fluorochrome and discriminating the resulting fluorescence.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.