Purified NA/LE Hamster Anti-Mouse CD95
Clone Jo2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Apo-1; Apt1; Fas; FASLG receptor; lpr; TNFR6; Tnfrsf6; TNR6
- Concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG2, λ2
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunoprecipitation, Cytotoxicity (Reported)
- Immunogen WR19L mouse lymphoma cells transformed with recombinant mouse Fas
- Entrez Gene ID 14102
- Storage Buffer No azide/low endotoxin: Aqueous buffered solution containing no preservative, 0.2µm sterile filtered. Endotoxin level is ≤0.01 EU/µg (≤0.001 ng/µg) of protein as determined by the LAL assay.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Fas antigen, CD95, is a 45 kDa cell-surface protein which can mediate apoptosis. It belongs to the TNF (tumor necrosis factor)/NGF receptor family. Expression of Fas has been described in the thymus, liver, heart, lung and ovary. Fas plays an important role in the apoptotic process that takes place during development. Monoclonal antibodies recognizing Fas such as Jo2 have cytolytic activity on cells expressing Fas. The cell death stimulated by Fas antibodies is characteristic of apoptosis and suggests that the lethal effects are a result of interaction of antibody with a functional Fas antigen as opposed to complement-mediated lysis.
The Jo2 antibody recognizes mouse Fas. The Jo2 antibody shows cytolytic activity against cell lines expressing mouse Fas by inducing apoptosis. Intraperitoneal injections of Jo2 mAb have been shown to kill mice and induce apoptotic hepatocyte death. Jo2 mAb has been reported to immunoprecipitate mouse Fas as a 45 kDa band from W4 cells. W4 cells are WR19L mouse lymphoma cells transformed with mouse Fas. The difference between the observed MW of Fas and that deduced from its amino acid sequence (Mr 34,971) may be due to glycosylation.
Investigators are advised that the Purified NA/LE Hamster Anti-Mouse CD95 (Cat. No. 554254) antibody is not routinely tested for in vivo function. In vivo performance may vary and investigators are encouraged to include appropriate controls for each experiment.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
This preparation contains no preservatives, thus it should be handled under aseptic conditions.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.