Purified Mouse Anti-Stat5
Clone 89/Stat5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Transduction Laboratories™
- Alternative Name MGF
- Concentration 250 µg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG2b
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Mouse, Rat, Dog, Rabbit (Tested in Development)
Western blot (Routinely Tested)
Immunofluorescence, Immunohistochemistry (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen Sheep Stat5 aa. 451-649
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, glycerol, and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Stat5, also known as mammary gland factor (MGF) has been shown to play a critical role in the lactogenic hormone response and has been well characterized in mammary epithelial cells. The SH3 domain of MGF shows extensive homology with the SH2 domains of Stat1 and Stat2. This homology has led to its classification as a member of the Stat family. The Stat proteins function both as cytoplasmic signal transducers and as activators of transcription. Stat (Signal transducer and activators of transcription) proteins are critical mediators of the biologic activity of cytokines, including interleukins, interferons, erythropoietin, and growth factors. Ligand-receptor interaction leads to activation of constitutively associated JAK family kinases and subsequent recruitment and activation of Stat proteins by tyrosine phosphorylation. Active Stat proteins then move to the nucleus to promote transcription of cytokine-inducible genes. Stat5a has been shown to be involved in lactogenesis and mammary development, while Stat5b has been shown to be involved in growth hormone signaling and to play a role in liver gene expression. Stat5 activity is tightly regulated throughout gestation, lactation, and post-lactation.
- Format Purified
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
Store undiluted at -20°C.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For specific Westbern Blot methodology, please refer to the protocols under "Cell Biology" at our website, http://www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources.